To all Northern Kin Festival Customers
Most recent post at the top:
Covid-19 - Coronavirus Posted 17th Mar 2020
In light of the most recent Government announcements in relation to the Coronavirus epidemic and to follow on from our message last week, posted on Facebook and our website, we have taken the decision to postpone Northern Kin Festival until a rescheduled date of the August Bank Holiday Weekend of 28th to 30th August 2020.
This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but we have to prioritise everyone’s health and safety and at this time we feel many people would choose not to attend anyway in May. The Government’s advice that the vulnerable and over 70’s should self-isolate from this Friday for 12 weeks, falls directly in the time that Northern Kin would have been held and this will exclude many people from coming who want to attend.
We have chosen the next Bank Holiday Weekend as it is nearly 6 months away, to give everyone a chance to come along, and means that the festival will still run for the current equivalent number of days as the original dates, with a Bank Holiday Monday to follow.
Final line-up confirmation will follow in the next few days but we can already confirm now that the majority of bands and artists have already confirmed that they are able to appear and have rallied in support and worked their diaries around the new dates, in order to still be able to play, and we must thank them for their support.
As a small team of live music lovers we have, for the last 8 years, always sought to bring festivals that not only have fantastic live music but are great value, and at this difficult time we ask you to support us by keeping your tickets, to use on the revised dates. Like all smaller festivals we need your support and choosing to cancel and ask for a refund and then possibly booking again later, not only means paying a booking fee twice, but a large number of cancellation requests could put the festival’s future at risk and force its closure.
We would politely ask you to please retain your ticket and come along in August on the Bank Holiday Weekend as your tickets will be valid and if, at that time, you are ill, self-isolating, or unable to make that weekend, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm and we will send you official confirmation that the tickets can then be used at our 2021 festival. By keeping all festival tickets valid, so you can attend in August or at next year’s event, we can ensure that Northern Kin will be here for the long-term, year after year, and give us all something to look forward to.
These are unprecedented times and like all small businesses we are now faced with huge challenges that no one could have foreseen, but with your support we can get through this and still have a great weekend, albeit in 24 weeks time.
See you at the show.
Covid-19 - Coronavirus Posted 12th Mar 2020
The ongoing concern regarding Covid-19 and Coronavirus are, correctly, in everyone’s minds at present. With this in mind, we have decided to explain our current approach and the consideration given to it.
Since the early stages of the progression of the virus within the UK, we have been in regular contact with appropriate expert bodies and sought out all current professional advice to determine an appropriate, safe and considered response to ongoing concerns.
At this time, and after due consideration of advice from the UK’s Deputy Chief Medical Officer which stated that “[since] the virus will not survive very long outside, many outdoor events, particularly, are relatively safe”, we have decided that the Festival will proceed as planned, with suitable measures and steps undertaken to provide suitable assistance to our customers in maintaining suitable hygiene, sanitation and public health steps.
There are 2 immediate concerns expressed by customers that we wish to address at this time and provide definite reassurance to our valued supporters:
- The Festival will proceed as planned without cancellation and, in as far as is within our control on the original date, though it goes without saying that should government and scientific advice change and the date were to become unsuitable for a public gathering, the Festival will run with the shortest possible postponement. Postponement will only be if government advice, contrary to its current position, is to suggest that it would be unsafe on its current date and [postponement] would then be for the shortest time possible before the Festival takes place.
- In the event that any of our customers are unable to attend the Festival due to self-isolation as a result of infection or possible infection, we will honour that same ticket to the next Festival without any further costs or fees. We hope our customers appreciate that this is a major step not replicated by many other festivals and is indicative of our wish to stand by our customers through this time, as we hope they stand by us.
Public Health England have been very clear in their message that improved personal hygiene, awareness of symptoms and self-isolation for those affected are the primary steps on which the UK’s response will focus. To support this and assist our customers, we are already committed and have begun work toward the following:
- A substantial up-scaling of hygiene facilities available at the festival including hand sanitising points and hand washing stations;
- Provision of ample signage and other information distribution in the run up to and at the Festival highlighting all public information, symptom awareness and “What to do” briefings to assist our customers in supporting our efforts to produce a safe event in line with national approaches to managing the ongoing public health concern;
- A significant increase in the quantity of toilets, showers and other welfare facilities available;
- Deployment of a dedicated team who will collectively clean, maintain and sanitise toilet, shower and other washing facilities 24/7 throughout the Festival;
- A full appraisal of the current environment will be carried out by our Festival’s dedicated Medical Team who will implement such additional measures as are recommended in light of the ongoing outbreak to suitable manage any persons who may become unwell. Our consideration in respect of medical services provided remains as it always has been – we aim to ensure that our customers have quicker and easier access to medical services at our festivals than they would in their home. That objective will remain the case moving forward and we will fully commit to all suitable steps and investment to maintain it;
- We are working actively to take sensible steps to increase the size of our event spaces and Arena, with a view to allow persons more room and decreasing close contact within the Festival.
We would like to summarise this announcement and re-iterate the following:
- We are firmly committed to ensuring that the Festival takes place on its planned date, in a safe manner and with all suitable consideration and investment undertaken to place customer welfare as an uninterrupted priority;
- Should public health advice change from its current guidance that outdoor events remain safe, we will consider postponement of the Festival to such a time that no risk is posed in this respect;
- Even in the event that you are unable to attend the festival as a result of infection, we will voluntarily honour your ticket for the next Festival at no cost to you;
We hope you appreciate our efforts and the steps we are taking to manage the Festival safely and sensibly; we certainly appreciate your ongoing support.
See you at the show